Chilled Tutti Frutti Poppy Seed Salad
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small pineapple, cut up
- 1 mango, sliced
- 2 apricots, peaches, or plums
- 4 cups assorted cherries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1. In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup orange juice, zest, mint, oil, poppy seeds, vinegar, and salt. Add fruit and toss to combine.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve very cold.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: Sometimes all we need to entice us to eat more fruit is a fresh flavor combination. Serve this minty, refreshing crowd-pleaser well chilled. You can swap out any of the fruit we use and sub in your own favorites (we used about 10 cups here).
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups fruit, 1 1/2 tbsp dressing)
|Calories per serving:||243|
|Fat per serving:||8.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||45g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||102mg|
|Calcium per serving:||65mg|
Good to Know
A dash of sea salt and vinegar gives this salad a refreshing, tart edge.