Scallops in Parchment with Fennel, Tomatoes, and Olives
- 1 pound (about 20) sea scallops
- 2 small heads fennel, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Fold 4 (16- x 12-inch) pieces of parchment paper or foil in half crosswise; unfold onto 2 baking sheets.
2. Arrange scallops, fennel, tomatoes, olives, and garlic evenly on one half of each parchment sheet, leaving a 2-inch border at edge. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with wine and oil.
3. Fold top half of each parchment piece over ingredients. Crimp edges in tight folds to seal. Bake until packets puff up and scallops are cooked through (about 17-20 minutes, depending on size of scallops). Transfer parchment packets to plates. Carefully cut tops of packets open, making sure to avoid hot steam.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 packet (about 5 scallops and 1 cup vegetables))
|Calories per serving:||212|
|Fat per serving:||7.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||18g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||27mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||809mg|
|Calcium per serving:||70mg|
Good to Know
Parchment packets lock in intense flavor because the ingredients steam in their own juices.