Crostini with Spinach, Poached Egg, and Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) slices crusty whole-grain bread, toasted (1.5 oz per slice)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
1. Stir together sour cream and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl with water. Place 1 slice toast on each of 4 serving plates and top each with spinach.
2. In a large saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer; add vinegar. Working one at a time, crack eggs into a cup and gently slip into water. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place a poached egg on top of spinach. Spoon about 1 TBSP sauce over each crostino before serving.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Low heat is the key to perfect poaching and silken eggs in this one-dish meal of Crostini with Spinach, Poached Egg, and Creamy Mustard Sauce.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 slice bread, 1 egg, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 tbsp sauce)
|Calories per serving:||215|
|Fat per serving:||8.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||191mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||490mg|
|Calcium per serving:||104mg|
Good to Know
Try this protein powerhouse a different way. Low heat is the key to perfect poaching and silken eggs.