- 2-3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 large russet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 1-inch chive slices
1. In a large pot, simmer leeks and next 4 ingredients (through water), covered, until potatoes are tender (20-25 minutes). Add butter.
2. Using an immersion blender (or a standard blender, working in batches), blend until smooth. Stir in yogurt. Divide among 4 bowls; sprinkle with chives. If desired, serve chilled.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Blending vegetables creates a thick, creamy texture without adding cream or starch. That's the trick to creating this creamy Potato-Leek Soup that can be served warm or cold.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||247|
|Fat per serving:||3.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||49g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||271mg|
|Calcium per serving:||77mg|
Good to Know
Call this vichyssoise (though tangy yogurt replaces the traditional heavy cream) if serving this soup cold.