- 6 medium tomatoes (preferably yellow), halved, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread (3 ounces), crusts removed, chopped
1. Combine tomatoes and next 8 ingredients (through pepper) in large glass bowl. Remove 1/4 cup mixture to small bowl for garnish; reserve. Add bread to large bowl and toss; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
2. Using an immersion blender (or a standard blender, working in batches), blend until smooth; thin with up to 1/2 cup water to desired consistency. Divide among 4 bowls and top with reserved garnish.
- Prep Time: Yellow peppers add a wallop of vitamin C, as well as color and crunch, in each bowl of Spring Gazpacho.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||207|
|Fat per serving:||8.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||427mg|
|Calcium per serving:||67mg|
Good to Know
Yellow peppers add a ton of vitamin C, plus some color and crunch.