Arugula Pesto, Ricotta, and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 1 packed cup (1 ounce) arugula
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
2. In food processor, blend ricotta, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add mozzarella and arugula. Pulse to combine.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-inch circle; transfer to baking sheet. Spread ricotta mixture on top, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with oil. Bake 15 to 16 minutes, until the crust is golden.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Arugula Pesto, Ricotta, and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza is a quick, light, and tasty choice for a weeknight meal. Smoky mozzarella cheese provides a pronounced taste and aroma to this ricotta- and arugula-based pizza.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1/6 pizza)
|Calories per serving:||303|
|Fat per serving:||9.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||21mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||631mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
The peppery arugula and smoky mozzarella make for a delicious new take on the traditional pie.