Mediterranean Halibut Sandwiches
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, skinned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) loaf ciabatta bread, ends trimmed, split in half horizontally
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and mashed
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 packed cups (2 ounces) arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray; add halibut and season with a pinch each salt and pepper; rub with 1 teaspoon oil. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and the flesh flakes easily with a fork. Cool.
3. Remove some bread from top half of loaf. Brush cut sides with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake on a baking sheet 6-8 minutes, until golden. Rub toasted surfaces with garlic.
4. In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, capers, and lemon zest. Add fish, flaking and mixing with fork. Spoon onto bottom half of bread and top with arugula. Add top of bread and cut into 4 sandwiches.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||419|
|Fat per serving:||12.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||51g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||42mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||793mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
Mediterranean-style meals have been shown to reduce the risk for heart disease, as they generally include foods with healthy monounsaturated fats. This halibut is a great example.
Giada De Laurentiis
Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner. Copyright 2012 by Giada De Laurentiis. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.