Spaghetti With Asparagus and Lemon
- 1 (1-pound) box whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. While pasta cooks, grate zest from lemon and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice into a small dish. Trim asparagus; peel into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
2. Return pasta to pot; toss with asparagus, lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup cheese, oil, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper, and enough pasta water to make a thin sauce. Divide among 4 bowls; top each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: All you need are noodles, olive oil, and asparagus with a squeeze of lemon to create this simple, tasty meal of Spaghetti With Asparagus and Lemon.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||500|
|Fat per serving:||9.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||89g|
|Fiber per serving:||15g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||12mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||581mg|
|Calcium per serving:||218mg|
Good to Know
Want to keep your noodles from sticking together? Make sure to salt your water and remember to stir frequently while cooking.