- 1 cup dry orzo
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small bell peppers, halved and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cook orzo according to package directions in salted water; drain. Return to pot. Add arugula, feta, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper; stir.
2. Season inside of peppers with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fill peppers; transfer to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil; bake until peppers are tender (35-40 minutes).
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Baby argula and feta cheese combine with orzo for this simple recipe for Orzo-Stuffed Peppers. You can prepare this meatless main dish up to 12 hours before serving. Just cover baking dish with foil, refrigerate, and reheat at 400 degrees.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 pepper halves)
|Calories per serving:||267|
|Fat per serving:||7.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||13mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||477mg|
|Calcium per serving:||109mg|
Good to Know
You can prepare these up to 12 hours before serving. Just cover baking dish with foil, refrigerate, and reheat at 400 degrees.