Tuna and Olive Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 (6-ounce) can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, run under cold water, and return to pot.
2. In a bowl, whisk together pesto and 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water; toss with pasta, tuna, olives, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in pot. Chill, if desired; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Tuna and Olive Pasta Salad is perfect if you’re craving fast flavor. Just toss together store-bought pesto, tuna, and olives—voila! A simple pasta meal is ready in under 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||365|
|Fat per serving:||12.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||18mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||477mg|
|Calcium per serving:||138mg|
Good to Know
The recipe is perfect if you’re craving fast flavor. Just toss together store-bought pesto, tuna, and olives—voila!