Shells With Peas, Carrots, and Mint
- 1 (1-pound) box medium shells
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain pasta and peas and return to pot.
2. While pasta cooks, toss carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast carrots 15-18 minutes; toss pasta, reserved pasta water, and peas with carrots, mint, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pot. Divide among 6 bowls.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Fresh mint punches up the flavor while peas and baby carrots add to the color and nutrient value of this tasty pasta recipe for Shells With Peas, Carrots, and Mint.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 2/3 cups)
|Calories per serving:||385|
|Fat per serving:||6.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||68g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||312mg|
|Calcium per serving:||53mg|
Good to Know
Fresh mint punches up the color, flavor, and nutrient value of this tasty dish.