Fettuccine With Spicy Zucchini-Tomato Sauce
- 1 (1-pound) box fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar marinara sauce
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp-tender (5-8 minutes). Add crushed red pepper, marinara, and reserved pasta water; simmer, partially covered, until pasta sauce is thick (about 5 minutes). Toss pasta with sauce and divide among 4 bowls.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Jar marinara sauce keeps this simple Fettuccine With Spicy Zucchini-Tomato Sauce quick--it's done in 20 minutes. Crushed red pepper provides the spice.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||539|
|Fat per serving:||7.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Protein per serving:||19g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||99g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||538mg|
|Calcium per serving:||54mg|
Good to Know
Pick a better marinara. Look for one that doesn't contain added sugar and lists tomatoes, not tomato puree, as the first ingredient.