Pappardelle With Tomato and Bacon
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound dry pappardelle pasta
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (about 3 cups)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring often, until crispy (8-10 minutes); transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon fat in skillet. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
2. While pasta cooks, heat skillet and reserved fat over medium heat; add leeks and cherry tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until leeks begin to soften (about 5 minutes). Add reserved pasta water; simmer, partially covered, until tomatoes have burst and leeks are tender (12-15 minutes). Toss pasta with leek mixture and bacon and arrange in 6 serving bowls.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Four ingredients are all you need to toss together this simple pasta dish of Pappardelle With Tomato and Bacon.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
|Calories per serving:||370|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||61g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||71mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||303mg|
|Calcium per serving:||52mg|
Good to Know
To clean leeks, trim them, slice in half lengthwise, and immerse in a bowl of cold water, shaking gently to release debris. Drain on paper towels before slicing.