Burger With Mushrooms and Radicchio
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mixed exotic mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 4 (2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced into thin rings
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender and golden (4-6 minutes). Transfer mushrooms to a plate. Wipe out skillet; reserve.
2. With clean hands, form meat into 4 patties; sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper over both sides of burgers. Return skillet to medium-high heat; cook burgers until medium (5-6 minutes per side), or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
3. Place 1/4 of the radicchio slices, then burgers, on bottom buns; divide mushrooms among burgers and top with other half of bun.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
|Calories per serving:||473|
|Fat per serving:||20g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Protein per serving:||38g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||96mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||436mg|
|Calcium per serving:||113mg|
Good to Know
The lean beef in this recipe provides more than half your protein and nearly 30% of your iron for the day. Plus, shiitake and other mushrooms are rich in antioxidants and help reduce cholesterol.