Grapefruit and Avocado Salad With Seared Salmon
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 large bunches arugula, stems removed (10 cups)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 (5-ounce) wild salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Peel and segment grapefruit with a sharp knife on a cutting board; reserve juice in a bowl. Toss grapefruit segments and juices with arugula and avocado; divide salad among 4 serving plates. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over both sides of salmon. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add fish (skin-side down) to skillet, and cook until skin is golden and fish releases easily from pan (about 4 minutes). Using a spatula, gently flip fish and cook about 3 minutes more. Break each fillet into 4 pieces; top salads with 3 pieces fish. Drizzle salads with reserved dressing; sprinkle with walnuts.
Watch the video: How to Make Grapefruit & Avocado Salad With Seared Salmon
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Grapefruit and Avocado Salad With Seared Salmon not only provides great taste and appealing presentation, it's loaded with powerful nutrients. When you serve this power salad, you'll get heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids--thanks to the walnuts and salmon--plus monounsaturated fats from the avocado that also helps your heart. The grapefruit helps kick up fat-burning and stabilizes blood sugar--a powerful combo if you're tyring to drop a few pounds.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 cups salad and 3 ounces salmon)
|Calories per serving:||360|
|Fat per serving:||23.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||11.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||7.3g|
|Protein per serving:||25g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||14g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||58mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||309mg|
|Calcium per serving:||148mg|
Good to Know
Walnuts and salmon contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, avocado is packed with monounsaturated fats, which also help your heart.