Raspberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- 4 cups plain whole or reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1. In a large bowl, stir together yogurt, 3/4 cup sugar, and vodka until sugar dissolves. Pour into the freezer can of an ice-cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. In a medium bowl, mash together raspberries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Swirl mixture into frozen yogurt; spoon yogurt into a metal loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm. To serve, leave yogurt at room temperature to soften slightly before scooping.
Prep: 5 minutes; Freeze: 1 hour or more; Total time: About 1 hour, 35 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||211|
|Fat per serving:||9.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||26mg|
|Calcium per serving:||82mg|
Good to Know
A little bit of vodka makes the fro-yo easier to scoop, thanks to its alcohol content and ultra-low freezing point.