Carrot Loaf Cake with Yogurt Glaze
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup plain reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray a 9- x 3- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, 1/3 cup yogurt, oil, eggs, and ginger. Stir dry mixture into yogurt mixture, then stir in carrots. Transfer to baking pan.
3. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan to cool completely. Stir together remaining 1/3 cup yogurt and confectioner's sugar. Just before serving, drizzle glaze over cake set on wire rack. Slice into 10 pieces.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 45 minutes; Total time: 1 hour.
- Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||265|
|Fat per serving:||7.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.9g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||45g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||38mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||349mg|
|Calcium per serving:||45mg|
Good to Know
At 265 calories a slice, this carrot cake is the perfectly sweet afternoon pick-me-up.