Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sliced medium onions (about 4 1/2 cups), divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry or red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onions, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally until deep golden and tender (about 25 minutes). Reserve 1 tablespoon onions; set aside. Allow caramelized onions to cool; coarsely chop.
2. In a medium bowl, combine chopped onions with yogurt, nutmeg, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Top with reserved onions.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes; Total time: 35 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 5 servings (serving size: about 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||85|
|Fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||134mg|
|Calcium per serving:||40mg|
Good to Know
This mouth-watering dip is chalk-full of flavor from the nutmeg, Greek yogurt and Worcestershire sauce.