- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup quartered, seeded, and sliced cucumber (from 1 Kirby)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add cumin and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until toasted and fragrant; set cumin oil aside to cool completely.
2. Stir together cucumber, 1/4 cup walnuts, lemon juice, yogurt, salt, and pepper. Stir in cumin oil and top with additional 2 tablespoons walnuts.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 1 minute; Total time: 11 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||97|
|Fat per serving:||7.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||3g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||207mg|
|Calcium per serving:||38mg|
Good to Know
Cucumbers are veggies with high-water content, so they can help you feel fuller, longer.