Vodka-Spiked Tomatoes with Lemon Salt
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Using a sharp knife, score bottom of each tomato with an X; transfer to a bowl. Bring a kettle of water to a boil; pour water over tomatoes. Let stand 30 seconds; drain tomatoes and run under cold water. Cool. Peel tomatoes.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together vodka, lemon juice, and sugar. Toss with tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate (30-60 minutes).
3. Stir together last 3 ingredients; sprinkle tomatoes with lemon salt and serve.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 1 minute.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 8 tomatoes)
|Calories per serving:||59|
|Fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||496mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
Red produce—like tomatoes—contains cancer-fighting lycopene and anthocyanins, which may also lower your risk of heart disease and stroke.