Grilled Sweet Potato, Orange, and Chickpea Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
1. Microwave potatoes on high for 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel and slice potatoes 1/2-inch thick; reserve.
2. With a sharp knife, remove peel and thick white pith from oranges; reserve juice in a bowl. Halve and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half moons, reserving juice. Transfer 3 tablespoons of collected juice into a bowl; whisk in vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt; reserve.
3. Spray grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high until hot. Cook potatoes until grill marks appear, turning once (3-5 minutes per batch).
4. In a large serving bowl, toss potatoes with chickpeas, oranges, scallions, and dressing.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||208|
|Fat per serving:||4.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.7g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||299mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
Orange and yellow foods—like carrots, squash, sweet potatoes—boast carotenoids like beta-carotene, a type of vitamin A that boosts your immune system.