Tropical Fruit Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (such as papaya, mango, and pineapple), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine oats, nuts, and coconut in a large bowl. Whisk together oil, agave, spices, and salt in a separate bowl and toss with dry ingredients.
3. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, tossing once (15-20 minutes). Remove, cool completely, and toss with dried fruit. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||253|
|Fat per serving:||12.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||34g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||80mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
This breakfast dish contains fruits, coconut and macadamia nuts: an ideal combo to start your day with a healthy (and colorful!) meal