Herb Garden Salad
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar-snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 12 minutes. Run eggs under water to cool; peel eggs, cut in half, and reserve.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt; place a large bowl of ice water near stove. Boil asparagus 2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer asparagus immediately to ice water (reserve boiling water). Reserve ice water and repeat with snap peas, boiling 1-2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. In a bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. In a serving bowl, combine asparagus, peas, watercress, herbs, and eggs. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to combine.
Prep: 20 minute; Cook: 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||123|
|Fat per serving:||9.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||93mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||169mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|
Good to Know
Leafy greens are also a great source of energy-boosting folate. Plus most green fruits and vegetables have nutrients that protect against eye diseases.