- 2 tablespoons peeled and chopped fresh ginger (1/2 ounce)
- 1 medium beet (8 ounces), scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium carrots (8 ounces total), scrubbed and sliced
- 1 medium apple (8 ounces), cored and cubed
- 1 cup water
In a blender, combine ginger, beet, carrots, apple, and water; blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. Strain juice and, if desired, thin with additional water. Refrigerate up to 2 days (shake before serving).
- Yield: Makes 2 cups (serving size: 1 cup)
High-fiber root veggies and fruit keep things moving through the digestive tract, while ginger calms your stomach.
|Calories per serving:||155|
|Fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||168mg|
|Calcium per serving:||62mg|
Good to Know
High-fiber root vegetables and fruit keep things moving through the digestive tract, while ginger calms your stomach.