- 2 medium oranges (10 ounces total), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup whole, raw almonds
- 1 small sweet potato (about 4 ounces), scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium apple (8 ounces), cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
Watch the video: How to Make Post-Workout Refuel Juice
In a blender, combine oranges, almonds, sweet potato, apple, and water; blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. Strain juice and, if desired, thin with additional water. Refrigerate up to 2 days (shake before serving).
Almonds' protein helps build and repair muscle. Plus, the potassium (twice as much as you get in two bananas) balances your electrolytes and fluids.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||231|
|Fat per serving:||9.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||24mg|
|Calcium per serving:||106mg|
Good to Know
The protein in almonds helps build and repair muscle, while the potassium balances your electrolytes and fluids.