Red Velvet Cupcakes with Coconut
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup store-bought cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened shredded coconut for garnish
- 48 fresh raspberries for garnish (about 2 pints)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 24-cup mini muffin pans with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar. Stir flour mixture into oil mixture until combined.
3. Divide batter between muffin tins (about 1 tablespoon each). Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake tests clean (10–15 minutes). Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost the cupcakes (1 teaspoon each), sprinkle with coconut, and top with raspberries.
Mini Red Velviet Cupcakes with Coconut are topped with store-bought cream cheese frosting then dressed up with shredded coconut and fresh raspberries.
- Yield: Makes 48 mini cupcakes (serving size: 1 mini cupcake)
|Calories per serving:||104|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||56mg|
|Calcium per serving:||6mg|
Good to Know
At only 104 calories each, you can get your sugar-fix and reduce your calorie intake with these perfectly portioned mini cupcakes.