Grand Marnier Pistachio Truffles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 2 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 cups (6 ounces) shelled, skinned pistachios (toasted if desired), chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1. Combine cream, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add 1 2/3 cups chocolate and liquor (do not stir); let stand 1 minute. Gently swirl pan until smooth. Pour into a bowl; chill, stirring every 15 minutes, until thick enough to hold shape (about 45 minutes). Using 2 spoons, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (about 2 teaspoons each) and place on wax paper–lined plates. Refrigerate until chilled (15 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water, gently melt remaining 2/3 cup chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into one bowl and chopped pistachios and orange zest in another bowl. Dip each chilled truffle into chocolate first, then into pistachio-orange mixture, rolling to coat. Refrigerate until firm (about 8 minutes) or until ready to serve.
Orange liqueur flavors these decadent Grand Marnier Pistachio Truffles. This rich candy is then dipped into melted chocolate and rolled into a pistachio-orange mixture.
- Yield: Makes 28 truffles (serving size: 1 truffle)
|Calories per serving:||157|
|Fat per serving:||11.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||16mg|
Good to Know
Because it lacks the added preservative, unsalted butter tends to taste much fresher than salted butter.