Basque Beef Tenderloin Crostini
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 thin slices of an 8-ounce French baguette (about 1/2-inch thick), toasted
1. In a small bowl, combine orange zest, chili powder, and salt. Rub tenderloin with spice mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450°.
3. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear the beef on all sides until it is brown and caramelized, about 4 minutes per side (12–16 minutes total). Transfer skillet to oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° for medium-rare (15–20 minutes).
4. Transfer beef to a cutting board to rest for 20 minutes, then thinly slice. Top each baguette slice with sliced beef, about 1 teaspoon green sauce, and, if using, herbs.
Seared beef tenderloin that's rubbed with orange zest, chili powder, and salt adorn simple toasted baquettes in the stand-out appetizer, Basque Beef Tenderloin Crostini.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 2 crostini)
|Calories per serving:||195|
|Fat per serving:||10.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||37mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||455mg|
|Calcium per serving:||19mg|
Good to Know
Delicious when fresh, this beef recipe will be equally as tasty as leftovers.