Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Skewers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 orange, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup jarred romesco sauce (available at specialty markets)
1. In a large bowl, stir together zest, chili powder, and sea salt. Add shrimp to bowl with spice mixture and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes.
2. Alternately thread shrimp, citrus wedges, and peppers on 12 (10-inch) skewers (there should be several per skewer).
3. Heat the grill to medium-high.
4. Place the skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink and peppers are slightly charred (3-5 minutes). Transfer skewers to serving platter. Serve shrimp with romesco sauce.
Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Skewers are easy and tasty pick-up appetizers to offer your party guests. These zesty shrimp are grilled with bell peppers and orange and lemon wedges and served with a jarred romesco sauce.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 skewer and 1 tablespoon sauce)
|Calories per serving:||134|
|Fat per serving:||7.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||95mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||651mg|
|Calcium per serving:||69mg|
Good to Know
Shrimp is much lower in saturated fat than red meat.