Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched broccoli rabe florets, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pancetta, optional
- 30 prebaked miniature phyllo shells (two 15-ounce packages)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (8–10 minutes). Remove from heat and set the mixture aside to cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
3. Whisk together egg, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Once the onion mixture is cool, add to egg mixture. Divide broccoli rabe and, if using, pancetta among shells. Fill each shell about 3/4 full with custard mixture. Bake until the custard sets (10–15 minutes). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Chopped broccoli rabe florets, leek, and pancetta fill miniature phyllo shells in this savory Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta appetizer.
- Yield: Makes 30 servings (serving size: 1 tartlet)
|Calories per serving:||37|
|Fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||3g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||52mg|
|Calcium per serving:||7mg|
Good to Know
Leeks contain potent antioxidants that help fight against free radicals as you age.