Smoked Salmon Rillettes and Dilled Yogurt
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, cream cheese, or crème fraÎche
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 16 slices cocktail pumpernickel bread
- Fresh dill fronds for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, stir together salmon, onion, chives, capers, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a separate small bowl, stir yogurt, dill, remaining tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate mixtures until ready to serve.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon salmon mixture onto each of the pumpernickel squares. Top each with about 1 teaspoon dilled yogurt, and, if using, dill fronds.
This savory appetizer spread of smoked salmon is served over cocktail slices of pumpernickel bread and topped with an herb Greek yogurt. Make Smoked Salmon Rillettes and Dilled Yogurt a part of your party menu.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 2 canapés)
|Calories per serving:||103|
|Fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||11g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||501mg|
|Calcium per serving:||44mg|
Good to Know
Thanks to the salmon and low-fat Greek yogurt, just one of these protein-packed rillettes will fill you up.