Pear and Manchego Salad with Walnut Dressing
- 10 cup mixed baby lettuces
- 2 red Bartlett or other red-skinned pears, sliced into wedges (8 ounces
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, thinly shaved
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils (seeds)
1. Divide lettuce, pear wedges, walnuts, and cheese among 4 plates.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, water, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. On each salad, drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, then sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon pomegranate arils on top. Serve.
- Prep Time: Bartlett pears, toasted walknuts, and shaved Manchego cheese are tossed with baby lettuces for a light and filling Pear and Manchego Salad with Walnut Dressing. Pomegranate seeds offer flavor and healthly benefits.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 cups salad plus 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing)
|Calories per serving:||229|
|Fat per serving:||16.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||9.5g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||270mg|
|Calcium per serving:||63mg|
Good to Know
Pomegranate seeds and shaved manchego make a fresh and festive mix.