Chocolate Marble Cake
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose or cake flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 10-inch Bundt cake pan with spray.
2. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
3. Whisk next 7 ingredients (through vanilla) in another large bowl until blended. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined. Transfer 3/4 cup batter to a small bowl and whisk in chocolate, cocoa, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Pour 3 cups white batter into prepared pan. Dollop chocolate batter over white batter; cover with remaining white batter. Using a knife, swirl batter once in a continuous S-shape around pan.
4. Bake 55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto rack and cool completely.
5. In a bowl, combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake. Serve.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 55 minutes; Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||219|
|Fat per serving:||7.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||34g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||44mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||175mg|
|Calcium per serving:||73mg|
Good to Know
Our healthy secret: Applesauce cuts the fat and keeps the cake moist.