- Baking spray with flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
2. Combine all dry ingredients (through allspice) in a large bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, egg white, milk, oil, and pumpkin in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just blended. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
4. Bake the bread until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (60 to 65 minutes). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes or more.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 60 minutes; Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||184|
|Fat per serving:||7.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||32mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||128mg|
|Calcium per serving:||44mg|
Good to Know
At less than 200 calories a slice, serve this loaf as a figure-friendly alternative to pumpkin pie.