Roasted Cauliflower With Olive Vinaigrette
- 3 pounds cauliflower, preferably baby, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup brine-cured pitted olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450° with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 large (4-sided) baking pans with foil.
2. Arrange cauliflower on baking pans and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, switching position of pans after 15 minutes, until golden in spots and just tender (30 minutes total).
3. While cauliflower roasts, mince and mash garlic to a paste and place in a small bowl; whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, olives, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange cauliflower on a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 30 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||145|
|Fat per serving:||10.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||135mg|
|Calcium per serving:||57mg|
Good to Know
Cauliflower could help boost your brainpower. The cruciferous veggie contains the nutrient choline, which has been linked to better decision-making, reasoning, and memory.