Bacon, Tomato, and Arugula Pizza
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 5 applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble. Add tomatoes and pepper to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Combine arugula and remaining ingredients; top pizza with arugula mixture.
- Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 slice)
Instead of having an arugula salad on the side, put it on top of your pizza for fresh flavor that pairs perfectly with the tomato and applewood-smoked bacon pizza toppings.
Watch the video: Bacon, Tomato, and Arugula Pizza
|Calories per serving:||314|
|Fat per serving:||9.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Protein per serving:||13.5g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||50.2g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||17mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||770mg|
|Calcium per serving:||124mg|