Chocolate Pot De Crème
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other flavored liqueur (see above)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate and egg yolks until chocolate has melted. Stir in Grand Marnier. Set aside until just warm.
2. Stir in butter until melted (mixture will be very thick).
3. Divide the mixture among 12 small glasses and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2-4 hours or up to overnight). Garnish with 1/2 teaspoon zest. Serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 ounces)
|Calories per serving:||214|
|Fat per serving:||19.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||12.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||77mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||13mg|
|Calcium per serving:||31mg|
Good to Know
Treat yourself to this decadent pleasure. Try swapping chocolate liqueur or Chambord for the Grand Marnier.