Angel Food Cake Pops
- 1/2 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 10-inch angel food cake
- Paper lollipop sticks
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles, jimmies, candies, sliced almonds, toasted coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, crushed cookies
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; stir with a whisk.
2. With clean hands, break up the angel food cake into large pieces (about 6 cups total). Place in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form; transfer crumbs to a large bowl.
3. Add the cream cheese mixture and blend until a dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls and insert lollipop sticks. Transfer to a large plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Place the dark chocolate and white chocolate chips into separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat one bowl at a time for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until chips are melted and smooth (you may need to microwave for another 20 seconds). Immediately remove pops from the refrigerator and dip into either chocolate bowl; sprinkle with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: You can find lollipop sticks at craft stores and at Wilton.com.
- Yield: Makes 20 pops (serving size: 1 glazed pop (without toppings))
|Calories per serving:||145|
|Fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||201mg|
|Calcium per serving:||109mg|
Good to Know
Dark chocolate boasts heart-healthy flavonols. Just a small square a day has been shown to reduce blood pressure, so enjoy!