Double Chocolate Sorbet Sandwiches
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups (about 2 pints) sorbet or gelato (we recommend coconut, hazelnut, or pistachio)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate and walnuts. Add egg whites and vanilla; stir just until incorporated (don't over-mix).
2. Drop dough by the tablespoon, 2 inches apart, onto three parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until cookie tops are crackled but still slightly moist (15-18 minutes), rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer sheets to wire racks; let cookies cool completely.
3. Freeze the cookies for at least 30 minutes. Place 3 tablespoons of sorbet on the flat side of a cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. Store the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to eat. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 20 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich (2 cookies and 3 tablespoons sorbet))
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Fat per serving:||12.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||62mg|
|Calcium per serving:||17mg|
Good to Know
These flourless, gluten-free cookies are incredibly rich and fudgy.