Grilled Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Salad
- 1 small watermelon (about 6 pounds), cut into 1-inch-thick rounds (lay melon on its side, and cut through rind and flesh with a sharp knife)
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves, torn
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat until very hot. Two at a time, grill watermelon rounds, turning once, until charred (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer watermelon to a cutting board and remove rind; cut rounds into wedges.
2. Arrange watermelon on a serving platter; sprinkle with mint and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This Grilled Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Salad is the perfect to a summer main dish.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||122|
|Fat per serving:||4.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||208mg|
|Calcium per serving:||79mg|
Good to Know
This fresh, mouth-watering summer salad takes seconds to prepare, and has only 122 calories per serving.