- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, tails on (about 20)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour, divided
- 2 cups seltzer
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Snow Pea and Radish Salad With Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Put 1/2 cup flour on a plate. Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and seltzer in a bowl; mixture should be lumpy and thin.
2. When the oil is hot, dredge the shrimp lightly in flour, tapping to remove excess; dip the shrimp in seltzer batter. Add shrimp to skillet without crowding (work in batches, using remaining 1 tablespoon oil); cook, turning shrimp once or twice, until lightly browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes total).
3. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve with lemon wedges and snow pea salad.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 5 shrimp and 1 1/4 cups snow pea salad)
|Calories per serving:||354|
|Fat per serving:||15.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||44mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||646mg|
|Calcium per serving:||96mg|
Good to Know
These fresh shrimp require very little seasoning beyond a pinch of salt and some lemon juice. You can make the whole dish, start to finish, in just 25 minutes! Serve with Snow Pea and Radish Salad With Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette.