Honey-Chile-Ginger Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ears shucked corn, broken into small pieces
- 3 ripe peaches, quartered and pitted (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 8 ounces watercress
1. Combine honey and next 3 ingredients (through oil) in a medium bowl.
2. With a mallet, pound chicken breast pieces between 2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap until very thin; transfer to a medium dish. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chile dressing over the chicken; coat well.
3. Heat a grill pan, grill, or broiler. Lightly coat grill pan, if using, with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt; grill until cooked through (2-3 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Continue until all of the chicken is cooked, coating grill with cooking spray as needed.
4. Grill corn until tender (about 5 minutes), brushing lightly with chile dressing while grilling; transfer to a large platter. Grill the peach quarters, just until grill marks appear (about 1 minute per side), brushing lightly with chile dressing while grilling and coating grill as needed; transfer to the platter.
5. Scatter the watercress over the platter. Slice the chicken into smaller pieces; transfer to the platter. Combine cooked juices and remaining chile dressing; stir well. Drizzle over salad as desired; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Grill chicken, fresh corn and peaches at the same time and baste in a mixture of honey and hot chili sauce for a dish that is the definition of summertime cooking.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and about 2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Fat per serving:||10.9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||62mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||477mg|
|Calcium per serving:||84mg|
Good to Know
This salad won’t pile on the sodium—it only calls for a tiny amount of salt for the chicken breast, since the strong flavor combination of Sriracha, honey, and fresh ginger don’t need much more seasoning.