Grilled Panzanella with Arugula, Burrata, Summer Squash, and Olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 summer squash or zucchini, quartered lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole-wheat country bread
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 4 ounces burrata cheese, divided into 6 pieces, and then sliced into 4 smaller pieces
1. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium. Brush squash and bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with half of the salt and pepper. Add squash and bread to grill; cook, turning occasionally, until squash is tender and bread is charred (4-6 minutes). Rub bread with cut side of garlic clove.
2. In a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining salt and pepper, and vinegar; whisk well. Cut squash and tear bread into 1-inch pieces; toss in dressing with arugula and olives. Divide salad among 6 plates, and top each with 4 pieces of burrata. Drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Note: The sum of constituent fats (saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated) may not always equal the total-fat value.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: In this recipe, both the squash and the bread are slightly charred on the grill. This salad pairs well with any grilled meat.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||260|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||13mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||583mg|
|Calcium per serving:||70mg|
Good to Know
This leafy-green salad is packed with antioxidants. Olives add a dose of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.