Vanilla-Roasted Peach Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 sheets)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, pitted peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, pulse crust ingredients until blended; press into a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake until golden (about 10 minutes); set aside on a rack to cool (about 30 minutes). Leave oven on.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup almond milk in a small saucepan; let stand 3 minutes. Heat gently over medium heat just until gelatin dissolves. Mix with remaining almond milk, yogurt, brown sugar, and salt. Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds; stir into yogurt mixture, reserving pod. Pour filling into cooled crust and cover; chill at least 2 hours.
3. While filling cools, increase oven temperature to 425°. Arrange peaches in a medium baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and water; sprinkle with sugar, add vanilla pod, and dot with butter. Roast peaches, basting occasionally with their juices, until wedges are tender and glazed (15-20 minutes); cool to room temperature. Arrange peaches on pie; slice pie into 10 pieces, and serve.
Total time does not include 2 hours chilling time.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This healthy peach pie recipe features a crust of crushed graham crackers, a creamy Greek yogurt filling, and a topping of vanilla-scented fresh peach slices.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||185|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||103mg|
|Calcium per serving:||72mg|
Good to Know
Use fat-free Greek yogurt to slim this recipe without sacrificing any creaminess of the filling. Peaches add a boost of vitamins A and C.