Pomegranate-Glazed Chicken with Blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pint blackberries
1. In a medium saucepan, simmer the first 6 ingredients (through crushed red pepper) until reduced by half and just syrupy (15-20 minutes). Reserve 2 tablespoons of sauce for brushing on chicken; cool the remaining sauce slightly, then gently toss with blackberries.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Place chicken on grill, and cook 5 minutes per side. Brush chicken with the reserved sauce; grill just until chicken is glazed. Serve with blackberries.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Bring some fruity flavor to your chicken with pomegranate glaze and blackberries.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast plus berries)
|Calories per serving:||322|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||41g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||33g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||99mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||125mg|
|Calcium per serving:||73mg|
Good to Know
Sweet blackberries dress up basic grilled chicken. Plus, pomegranate juice is packed with disease-fighting antioxidants.