Yellow Tomato Gazpacho in Cucumber Cups
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 pounds yellow tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hothouse cucumbers
Place garlic, scallion, tomatoes, and bell peppers in a food processor; pulse until the vegetables are small chopped pieces. Add rice vinegar, kosher salt, and black pepper; chill. Cut cucumbers crosswise into 1-inch pieces; use a melon-baller to make small cups (be careful not to break through bottoms of cucumbers). Spoon gazpacho into cucumber cups; serve.
- Yield: (serving size: 1 cucumber cup)
|Calories per serving:||20|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
Good to Know
Lycopene, found in tomatoes, is an antioxidant thought to help fight disease. Tomatoes also provide vitamin C, folate and potassium.