Mango Chicken Boats with Macadamia Nuts
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Belgian endive spears from 3 large heads
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted macadamia nuts
1. Combine chicken, mango, celery, green onions, and tarragon in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together lemon juice, crème fraîche, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Add to chicken mixture; stir gently to combine.
3. Spoon chicken salad onto endive spears, then sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
Top Wine Picks:
Dry Creek Vineyard 2009 Wilson Ranch Dry Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg; $12). Honeysuckle and Meyer lemon aromas meet a rush of melon, apple, and citrus, with a tangy, limestone finish.
Husch 2010 Chenin Blanc (Mendocino; $11). Shades of the off-dry Chenin we chugged in the '80s, only better, with pretty peach and almond blossoms.
Pine Ridge 2010 Chenin Blanc + Viognier (California; $14). A Chenin at heart with a splash of Viognier; juicy peach, pear, green apple, tangerine, and a whiff of spicy jasmine.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 8 to 10
|Calories per serving:||205|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||66%|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.2g|
|Sodium per serving:||311mg|
|Cholesterol per serving:||44mg|
Good to Know
Macadamia nuts add a nice crunch to the chicken mix. If you're in a rush, you can use a rotisserie chicken to throw this dish together in a flash.