Shrimp and Mango Summer Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Dipping sauce:
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion
- 8 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 16 large basil leaves
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves, spines removed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked bean threads, or cellophane noodles (1 3/4 ounces dried), cooled, rinsed, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 small mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 16 medium shrimp, cooked and peeled, tails removed and sliced in half down the middle
- 16 large mint leaves
1. To make dipping sauce: Combine first 5 ingredients (through scallion) in a small bowl; refrigerate.
2. To make rolls: Fill a large shallow dish with warm water. Wet a clean kitchen towel; wring out and place on a clean work surface. Place 1 rice paper sheet in warm water; soak to soften (about 30 seconds). Remove from water; place on kitchen towel. Working quickly, place 2 basil leaves facedown in center of paper, leaving 3 inches at bottom of paper and about 1 1/2 inches on each side. Place 3 pieces lettuce on top of basil; mound 2 tablespoons noodles on top of lettuce. Top each with mango strips (1/4 ounce) and 4 shrimp halves. Arrange 2 mint leaves, face-side up, on top of shrimp. Pull bottom of wrapper over filling, fold in sides, and roll wrapper into a cylinder. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve with dipping sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: Skip the fried egg rolls and make these light, refreshing rolls featuring shrimp, sweet mango, and mint. Each roll is around 75 calories so enjoy 2 alongside some brown rice and a hearty salad.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 shrimp rolls and about 4 teaspoons sauce)
|Calories per serving:||153|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||36mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||73mg|
|Calcium per serving:||26mg|
Good to Know
For a sweet and spicy combination without unnecessary calories and fat, heart-healthy shrimp taste delicious with mango, a rich source of fiber, vitamins A, B6, and C.