Pappardelle with Lemon Gremolata and Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 8 ounces pencil-thin asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch-long slices (snap off tough ends before slicing)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. To make gremolata: Combine chopped parsley, lemon zest, and diced garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions. When 3 minutes of cooking time remains, add the asparagus; finish cooking. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water.
3. Heat the same saucepan over medium heat; add cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pasta mixture to pan; toss to coat. Increase heat to medium-high; bring cream to a boil. Cook until almost all of the cream is absorbed (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Add half of gremolata to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Transfer to serving bowls; top with remaining gremolata. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||45mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||106mg|
|Calcium per serving:||27mg|
Good to Know
Zest up this dish with lemon, garlic, and a splash of cream. Blend in asparagus spears for a solid serving of vitamin K and folate.