Farfalle with Zucchini and White Beans
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices then stacked and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 24 small curls Parmesan cheese removed with a vegetable peeler (1 1/2 ounces)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook until the zucchini begins to soften (2-3 minutes), stirring frequently. Stir in the bell pepper and beans; cook until bell pepper is softened (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
3. Add pasta to skillet; cook until heated through (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Transfer the pasta to bowls; top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately.
Watch the video: How to Make Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini and White Beans
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||317|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||42g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||9mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||345mg|
|Calcium per serving:||163mg|
Good to Know
Zucchini and bell peppers have very few calories but tons of vitamins. White beans add fiber and olive oil packs heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.